A weight Loss Specialist, also known as a bariatrician, is a physician specialized in the weight management and treatment of the patients struggling to maintain a healthy weight. Bariatric surgeons receive focused training for treating overweight or obese patients and ways to improve their health through healthy lifestyle changes. Bariatric physicians specialized in surgery are bariatric surgeons. It's important to note that visiting a bariatrician doesn’t automatically lead to surgery.
Most bariatric physicians create a comprehensive weight-management plan for their patients comprising diet, nutrition, exercise, behavioural therapy, and appropriate medication to achieve the desired results without the need to undergo any invasive surgery.
The weight loss specialist who performs weight loss surgeries is known as a bariatric surgeon. You can find more details on some of the common procedures performed by bariatric surgeons as you scroll down.
Some of the major procedures performed by a bariatric surgeon are:
Weight Loss Specialist(s) in Turkey
Bariatric surgeries (weight loss surgeries) are an effective choice for weight loss in people who are obese, and conventional weight-loss strategies, such as diet and exercise, have failed at the same time.
• Gastric Bypass- In gastric bypass surgery, the surgeon closes most of the stomach leaving a small pouch and connects that small pouch to the middle of the small intestine, It allows food to move through a large portion of the stomach and much of the first half of the small intestine directly from your stomach to your intestine.
• Gastric Sleeve- Gastric sleeve, also known as sleeve gastrectomy, is a surgical procedure in which the stomach is reduced into a thin sleeve-like tube by isolating and closing most of the stomach by the surgeon, leaving just a small portion of the stomach.
• Stomach Balloon- A special balloon filled with liquid material is also known as a gastric balloon. By endoscopy, this balloon is inserted into the stomach, which is a thin tube that passes through the mouth and esophagus to enter the stomach and leave the balloon there. The balloon settles for around 6 months in the stomach, reducing the size of the stomach available for food, and this limits the amount of food you can consume until you feel full.
• Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band- Two components are created via a gastric band that is positioned around the upper part of the stomach: the first and the main stomach. Thus, it is possible to minimize both the volume of food as well as the caloric supply. Your specialist surgeon in Turkey performs this minimally invasive operation laparoscopically and using the keyhole surgical system. It would be possible to lose up to 1⁄2 kilograms each week with sufficient dietary changes and with some discipline.
All clinics and hospitals in Turkey are supervised by the Turkish Ministry of Health, and each must meet the high standards and specifications of the ministry. Turkey invests heavily in its private healthcare sector. With this thriving industry and more advanced procedures becoming common practice, Turkey is a strong contender to rival any leading medical tourism destination.
The consultation of Bariatric surgeon in Turkey varies between experts and depends on certain factors, such as:
• The country of practice
• Clinical experience and reputation
• Medical degree and educational background;
• The Workload of the Doctor
• Medical inventions patented approaches used, and, if any, awards.
The average price of a Bariatric surgeon consultation in Turkey is $80, the minimum price is $50 and the maximum price is $130.
In Turkey, bariatric surgeons are medical professionals who are well versed in weight loss surgery such as gastric sleeve, gastric balloon, revised bariatric surgery, and other non-surgical treatments. Additionally the Turkish clinics provide extensive weight loss programs, tailor-made to help patients lose the weight needed for their healthier living.
Bariatric surgeons often start as general surgeons. After graduating and completing medical school, surgeons finish at least 3 years in residence and obtain training and surgical experience ambitious young bariatric surgeons practice with existing surgeons for additional time training and may actively participate in a bariatric surgery fellowship.