Hospitals in turkey are equipped with modern facilities, advanced technology, and experienced staff to cater to the healthcare needs of the local people as well as medical tourists. The quality of healthcare is high in Turkey due to two main reasons. First, the standard of healthcare in both the public and private healthcare is directly monitored by the Turkish ministry of health. Further, various private organizations such as Turkish Accredited Hospitals Association (TAHA) are also responsible for maintaining globally recognized standards in the JCI approved Turkish hospitals. Another reason is its at-par facilities with the US and Europe is its high qualifies, trained and experienced medical staff. According to an estimate, more than 40% of the medical staff in Turkey has trained in developed countries such as the USA and UK.
Just one-and-a-half decade back, the healthcare system in Turkey was in turmoil with a high infect mortality rate of 26 per 1000 live births and more than 1/3rd of the population was without health insurance. With the help of the World Bank, the Turkish Government started Health Transformational Program to transform the healthcare status of the country. The Government sets up the Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) by inviting private bodies for developing healthcare facilities in the country. Due to this, a number of hospitals with world-class diagnostic and treatment facilities, are present in Turkey.
High-quality treatment is available in Turkey at an affordable cost. The cost of treatment in turkey for a variety of therapeutic disorders is significantly lower as compared to developed countries. For instance, the cost of Follicular Unit Transplantation in Turkey, for 2000 grafts is £1793 while the same treatment in the UK costs £8000. The similar treatment in the US costs approximately $12000 in the US while in terms of dollars, it costs $2280 in turkey. Cost of IVF treatment in Turkey is approximately $12000 while similar treatment costs $5000 in turkey with approximately at-par success rates. Similarly, the cost of other treatment is significantly lower in turkey. The cost of treatment in Turkey depends upon a variety of factors. These factors include the choice of hospital, a particular city, the infrastructure of the hospital, disease to be diagnosed and treated, days of stay in hospital and other underlying medical condition which are diagnosed after being admitted in the hospital. Other important factors affecting cost are the experience of the doctors, the success rate in treating the disease, medications and consultation charges for follow-up visits.
50 Clinics in Turkey
More than seven lakhs medical tourists visit Turkey in 2017 and it is estimated that almost eight-and-a-half lakh medical tourists visited Turkey and this number is set to increase in the year 2019. Following are some of the reasons that fueled medical tourism industry of Turkey:
1) Experienced Medical Staff: One of the important factors for attracting a huge number of medical tourists in Turkey is the availability of experienced and trained medical staff. The patients feel that they are in safe hands.
2) Competitive Price: The cost of treatment in Turkey is significantly less as compared to other countries.
3) High-Quality healthcare: As the healthcare standards are monitored directly by the Government of Turkey, the standards are at par with the western countries.
4) Attractive environment for tourists: Hospitals provides a comfortable and stress-free environment to the medical tourists, increasing their faith and confidence in the system.
5) Simultaneous Vacations: Turkey is also known for its beaches and ancient culture. Many patients and relatives club the treatment and vacations for visiting turkey.
6) Miscellaneous factors: Other factors that impact positively on the medical tourism industry of turkey includes climates, geographical location and a number of JCI accredited hospitals.
Following are the top hospitals in Turkey:
1) Ankara City Hospital, Ankara
2) Medicana International Samsun, Samsun
3) American Hospital, Istanbul
4) Acıbadem Hospital Taksim, Istanbul
5) Medical Park Bahçelievler Hospital, Istanbul
6) Medicana Sivas, Sivas
7) Medicana Bursa Hospital, Ankara
8) Hisar International Hospital, Istanbul
9) Koç University Hospital, Istanbul
10) İstinye University Hospital, Istanbul
11) Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli
12) LIV Hospital, Istanbul
The doctors of Turkey are capable of handling the complex medical cases with high success rates and they are one of the important pillars on which the medical tourism industry of Turkey is flourishing. Following are the top doctors in Turkey:
1) Dr. Zafer Gülbaş, Hematology oncologist, Anadolu Medical Center, Kocaeli
2) Dr. Murat Levent Alimgil, Ophthalmologist, Medicana Hospitals Group, Bahçelievler
3) Dr. Bülent Cihantimur, Plastic Surgeon, Estetik International Clinic, Istanbul
4) Dr. Talat Kiriş, Neurosurgeon, LIV Hospital, Istanbul
5) Dr. Muammer Kendirici, Urologist, LIV Hospital, Istanbul
6) Dr. Yalçın Genç, Dentist, Dentapol Esthetic & Implant Center, Ankara
7) Dr. Serkan Aygin, Hair Transplant Expert, Dr. Serkan Aygin clinic, Istanbul
Form a long time, Turkey is known for its spa and wellness treatment and after the intervention of the Government in the modern system of medicine, high-quality treatment facilities are available in the country for a variety of disorders. Lakhs of medical tourists visit turkey to get treatment for cases ranging from simple surgery to complex surgery. Many hospitals in Turkey are providing world-class treatments in almost every therapeutic areas. The most sought-after treatments for which medical tourists visit Turkey are Plastic surgery, hair transplant, IVF, ophthalmic surgery, dental treatments, stem cell transplantation, Hematological oncology, bariatric surgery, dermatological treatment, and Kidney Disorders.
(+1) 424 283 4838