About Urinary Specialist
Urinary doctors, also called Urologists, are doctors specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the diseases and disorders of the urinary tract and male reproductive system.
In men, a urologist treats the below medical conditions:
- Cancers of the bladder, kidneys, penis, testicles, and adrenal and prostate glands.
- Prostate gland enlargement.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Interstitial cystitis also known as painful bladder syndrome.
- Kidney diseases.
- Kidney stones.
- Prostatitis, that is inflammation of the prostate gland.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Varicoceles or enlarged veins in the scrotum.
IIn women, a urologist treats the below medical conditions:
- Bladder prolapse or dropping of the bladder into the vagina.
- Cancers of the bladder, kidneys, and adrenal glands.
- Interstitial cystitis
- Kidney stones
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary incontinence
In children, a urologist treats the below medical conditions:
- Blockages and other problems with the urinary tract structure.
- Undescended testicles
- Cystoscopy or ureteroscopy
- Ablation therapy
- Artificial urinary sphincter
- Bladder augmentation
- Bladder removal surgery (cystectomy)
- Ureteral reimplants.
- Ureteral stent placement
- Excision hydrocele
- Inguinal hernia repair
- Repair of buried penis, penile torsion or chordee