The cost of hip replacement in Turkey is low keeping in mind the modern facilities, experienced surgeons and high success rate in hip replacement surgery. Because of their low operation cost, the hospitals in Turkey are able to provide world-class treatment facilities at competitive prices. Various factors affect the cost of hip replacement. These factors include hospital infrastructure, type of surgery, number of days of stay in the hospital, speed of recovery, underlying diseases, age and experience of the doctor.
Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which orthopedic surgeons removes the damage or painful hip joint and replace it with an artificial joint (prosthesis). The artificial joints are made by various types of material such as metal, plastic and ceramic component.
Turkey is one of the fastest-growing countries for medical tourism. Almost 7 lakh medical tourists visited Turkey for treatment. There are so many reasons for hip replacement in turkey such as:
• Hospitals in Turkey are very-well connected from the airport and other means of transport.
• Turkey provides world-class healthcare facilities such as highly sophisticated technology, huge infrastructure, most modern facilities, and exceptional post-operative care.
• There are many well-experienced orthopedic surgeons in Turkey with an advanced degree and abroad training and are experts in performing hip replacement with high accuracy and precision.
• The high success rate of hip replacement in Turkey.
• The government of Turkey is directly involved in enhancing the medical tourism industry with tourist-friendly policies.
Cost of hip replacement in Turkey is low as compared to other developed countries. This is because of the Government’s policies to promote medical tourism as well as the low operating cost of hospitals. The standard of surgery in Turkey is on par with developed countries. The average cost of partial hip replacement surgery in Turkey starts from USD 6,100. And the average cost of Total hip replacement surgery in turkey starts from USD 9,000 . The price of hip replacement with the hospitals of turkey varies significantly as various factors affect the prices. These factors include:
• Types of hospital
• Hospital infrastructure and facilities available
• Type of artificial joint used in surgery
• Techniques used in hip surgery such as minimally invasive hip replacement or open surgery.
• Experience of surgeon
• Days of stay in hospital
• Patients health status
• Medication cost
• Speed of recovery
• Total number of physical therapy sessions
• Any additional procedure, if required
The types of surgeries available in turkey for hip replacement are:
1. Minimally invasive hip replacement surgery: As the name suggests, one or two very small incisions are done on the skin to perform surgery. The process of replacement takes minimum healing and recovery time.
2. Partial hip replacement: In partial hip replacement surgery, only the ball of the hip joint is replaced while the socket is not replaced. This type of surgery is performed in hip fractures.
3. Revision hip replacement: In this procedure, the orthopedic surgeon repairs the damaged artificial joint (prosthesis). The artificial joint may get damaged due to infections, the occurrence of any technical issue in artificial joints, dislocation of hip replacement, and fracture of the bone surrounding the replaced hip joint. Typically, the average life of hip replacement prosthesis is around 10 to 15 years.
The time of recovery in hip replacement surgery varies from patient to patient. Patients at an older age have more recovery time as compared to patients with younger age. Following factors may help in early recovery of the patient:
• Diet: Diet plays an important role in recovery. Because of a healthy diet, the body generates energy, the cellular growth at the site of replacement gets accelerated and improve immune system reduces the risk of infection. Thus, the patient should take a balanced diet as per the recommendation of the surgeon or dietitian.
• Physical therapy: Physical therapy is one of the most important factors which help assist in the recovery process in patients undergoing a hip replacement. However, the patient should take good care of the replaced hip and physiotherapy is done only under the guidance of an experienced physiotherapist.
• Wound care: During the process of hip replacement surgery, the internal tissue gets exposed due to incision and cuts. Proper wound care should be done to reduce the risk of infection.
The patient is allowed to walk after 2-3 days with the help of crutches. After 10-14 days, stitches of patient get removed. 3-6 weeks after surgery, the patient may able to perform routine activities. Driving can be started after 6 weeks.
(+1) 424 283 4838