Plastic or cosmetic surgery is an optional surgery that a patient may go to enhance his or her aesthetic appearance. It has actually become the need rather than the desire of many people who are unhappy with their physical appearance.
Most of the cosmetic surgery procedures are quite expensive in Western countries and can take away a major part of your savings. But there are some countries such as Malaysia, Brazil, and Thailand that has hospitals and surgeons that can fix your physical imperfections while remaining easy on your pocket. This is quite evident from the number of plastic surgery cases in Thailand that are conducted each year.
Thailand is a tourist place known for its beautiful temples, amazing islands, and of course, authentic Thai food. In recent times, it has also emerged as one of the most affordable medical tourism destinations that offer advanced medical treatment, high-class services, and high-quality care to patients. It is especially a place of choice for people who are looking for cosmetic surgery options to change their appearance.
Why Should You Choose Thailand For Plastic Surgery?
Among the foreign citizens, Thailand has emerged as a popular destination for availing plastic surgery. One of the prime reasons is that several hospitals and multispecialty healthcare units have been certified by the Joint Commission International, which is recognized by standardization of medical care over 90 countries. Thus, international tourists willing to experience standard treatment options from authorized clinics within a very affordable price range travel to the country.Most of the candidates who avail the various types of plastic surgeries are reported to return satisfied, which is why the thoroughfare of foreign tourists keep on increasing every year. The plastic surgery surgeons in Thailand are enriched with decades of experience. Most of the surgeons have attained necessary trainings from major countries and practiced in the country due to the high thoroughfare of the patients here. Apart from that, the candidates are also provided with advanced technological options like robotic surgeries in specific cases. Robotic surgery is one of the newest addition since the last two decades, and is more prevalently used in the last few years only. However, one should keep it in mind that although traditional plastic surgery in Thailand is cheap, yet robotic surgery costs marginally higher.
Facts About Cosmetic Surgery in Thailand
The following are some of the facts to know more about cosmetic surgery in Thailand:
- Cosmetic surgery procedures are performed at various state-of-the-art hospitals and clinics in Thailand for long with a high rate of patient satisfaction.
- Millions of visitors come to Thailand from around the world purely for cosmetic treatment. Also, more than 15,000 Australians alone come to Thailand each year specifically for affordable plastic surgery options.
- Various international hospitals in Thailand offer high-class services to patients at a more affordable price than any Western country. Therefore, you won’t feel a hole in your pocket and can still look the way you always wanted.
- Many doctors have received their training in Western countries and many Western doctors have moved to Thailand for its lovely ambiance and affordable living. So be assured, you will get the best treatment from the best doctors in Thailand.
- Doctors, medical staff, and most of the population of Thailand speak English well and will guide you in the language that you are comfortable throughout your stay.
- In comparison to Western countries, you can potentially save thousands by choosing to have your cosmetic surgery done in Thailand.
- There are many hospitals in Thailand that are accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI). This is an International organization that promotes strict adherence to standards of care in over 90 nations around the globe. Thailand’s Bumrungrad International (Bangkok) became the proud first Asian hospital to meet these standards in 2002.
- Finally, the beautiful tourist spots in Thailand make the medical tour for cosmetic surgery a recreational trip too. You can enjoy while undergoing your treatment and go back healthy and refreshed to your home.
Therefore, Thailand can very well be called an affordable and advanced medical tourism destination that offers some of the best cosmetic surgery options in the world.
Check Out Popular Reconstructive Surgeons in Thailand
Top Clinics/Hospitals for Cosmetic Surgery in Thailand
Before you finally say yes to any facility, make sure to do your own research about all the hospitals, doctors and the services they offer. You can also refer to the patient testimonials and see the before and after pictures of their patients to understand the real scenario about their offerings.
Also, plan for a tour of the facility and meet the team of doctors and paramedical staff to discuss your surgical journey and recovery concerns. You can also check the infrastructure of the hospitals in terms of OT, patient room, meals, transport, and other options.
For your reference, here is a list of top clinics for cosmetic surgery in Thailand:
- Phyathai 2 Hospital (Bangkok)
- Vejthani Hospital (Bangkok)
- Bangkok Hospital (Bangkok)
- Sikarin Hospital (Bangkok)
- Thainakarin Hospital (Bangkok)
- Lotus Medical International (Phuket)
- Phi Beauty Clinic (Phuket)
- B. Care Medical Center (Bangkok)
- Radiant Medical (Phuket)
- Nirunda (Bangkok)
- Absolute Care Clinic (Chiang Mai)
- Chiangmai Ram Hospital (Chiang Mai)
- Proderma (Bangkok)
- Bangpakok 9 International Hospital (Bangkok)
Almost all these facilities are the best hospitals for cosmetic surgery in Thailand. They are well-equipped with advanced tools and offer various cosmetic surgery procedures like breast lift surgery, breast augmentation surgery, tummy tucks, liposuction, neck lift, nose job, butt lift, aggressive facelifts or eyelid reductions, etc. Just name the procedure and you can get it done by experienced surgeons in Thailand. Also, the facilities in Thailand offer excellent patient-oriented services without any waiting list. The hygienic ambiance of hospitals will make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
Top Plastic Surgeons in Thailand
Plastic Surgery Cost in Thailand
The cost of cosmetic surgery in Thailand varies from hospital to hospital. It also depends upon the infrastructure of the hospital and the expertise of the surgeon. So while looking for the most suitable doctor and hospital, just remember that price should not be the only considering factor and expertise of doctor and infrastructure of the hospital should also be considered. But overall, Thailand is a much more affordable location than any other Western country.
Here is an approximate breakdown of the cost of different types of plastic surgeries in Thailand:
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job): Anywhere from under $500 to under $1,200
- Breast Augmentation Surgery: Approximately between $2,700 and $5,000
- Facelift: From $2,000 to $5,000
- Liposuction: Between $500 to around $4,500
- Neck Lift: Around $1,800 to $3,600
This is just an average price that the patient will pay for these surgeries in Thailand and can vary from hospital to hospital. Some hospitals may charge higher for their better care and facility. Also, the prices keep on changing depending upon the exchange rates. But there will definitely be savings on the cosmetic surgery cost in Thailand.
Also, there are hospitals that offer Thailand plastic surgery packages that may include the cost of travel, stay (apart from the hospital), meals, local transportation, and sight-seeing. You can consider these packages for a hassle-free stay in Thailand.
Everything You Need to Know about Plastic Surgery in Thailand
Plastic Surgery Can Be More Affordable In Thailand!
With increased competition, the options for availing plastic surgery in Thailand keep on increasing for the medical tourists. The scenario of today’s medical market is different than what was a few decades back. This is because the plastic surgery network has rapidly spread within a very short interval of time. Thus, more number of clinics have come up with better packages and better alternative prices for similar procedures. Thus, it has been estimated that if the market keeps on spreading at this pace, the future days may witness more affordable packages in some of the types of plastic surgery procedures. However, one must also remember that there are several factors which directly or indirectly affect the cost. Thus, even when some of the procedures can be available for a more affordable package, other procedures may even witness a surge altogether.
How Can You Pay For Your Plastic Surgery In Thailand?
Even though the price is cheaper in Thailand, compared to other countries, paying a lump sum is not always possible and feasible. For this reason, the plastic surgery clinics in Thailand offer easier alternatives which are legally certified and economically better for the candidates. One of the most popular ways is through the medical insurance. In case the treatment or the surgical procedure is listed in the insurance policy, the finances are settled by the clinic accordingly. Otherwise, other patient- friendly modes of paying for plastic surgery in Thailand are also available. The candidates can choose to pay for the surgical procedure via Medical Credit Cards. These cards are launched and accepted by the clinics by keeping in mind the state of the candidate. Thus, as most of the finances are settled with the help of Medical Credit Cards, the candidate can now focus on the treatment procedure and take better follow- up care after surgery. However, the candidate should confirm with the clinics about the procedure and mode of payment options available. This is because most of the clinics come up with their own policies and rules which may or may not comply with the candidate’s interest.
Plastic Surgery in Thailand vs Plastic Surgery Worldwide
The increased affordability of plastic surgery procedures has made it more popular than before. You can find numerous hospitals around you that offer various plastic surgery options. While the cost of these procedures is quite high in the Western countries, there are countries such as Thailand, Dubai, Mauritius, South Korea, and India where the cost of plastic surgery procedures is quite affordable. For example,
- Cosmetic surgery cost in Thailand for rhinoplasty will be a little over $400 while it will cost over $1,000 in Malaysia. The cost of the same rhinoplasty procedure in the United States could be around $5,000. Rhinoplasty in Australia could cost around 8,000 AUD while rhinoplasty in the United Kingdom could cost average anywhere from £4,500 to £7,000.
- A single breast implant could cost around $2,600 in Thailand but can be done at around $1,800 in Brazil. Breast augmentation can cost around $8,000 and more in the United States. Breast implants in Australia may cost around 10,000 AUD and in the United Kingdom, it may cost around £3,500 to £7,000
So it can be concluded that every plastic surgery procedure has its own cost in different locations. Also, these are the average cost of only the plastic surgery procedure and can vary within the country too.
Apart from the surgery cost, there are various other expenses too that must be considered if you are comparing the cost of the procedure outside your country. Like the traveling cost, pre-op and post-op consultation fee, cost of lab works, medication costs, anesthesia cost, cost of aftercare, stay, and meals, etc. Most importantly, the exchange rate fluctuations can increase or decrease the total expenditure of any plastic surgery procedure. Therefore, if you are considering any location for your plastic surgery, make sure to add up all the expenses and then make a decision.
But a comparison with plastic surgery cost in Thailand will definitely save you thousands while improving your physical imperfections. Therefore, if you want to change the way you look, look for plastic surgery options in Thailand and change your looks.
Get a Treatment Plan for Plastic Surgery in Thailand
Talk to Healthcare Experts