India is the world’s second most populous country and largest democracy. Medical Tourism in India each year sees a large influx of medical tourists visiting from all over the world for medical treatment and surgery. This has happened due to the Indian Government’s diligent efforts to show the country’s medical profession in good light. All the major cities in the country have fantastic medical facilities, Mumbai, and New Chennai leads the pack.
Medical tourism in India
A few other reasons why India is preferred are because:
- Indian culture has a deep spiritual impact on people and serves as a brand new experience for foreigners.
- India is a world-renowned tourism spot with sites of all sorts, from historic monuments to natural wonders ready at your disposal.
- Most medical professionals here are certified from first world countries making them highly professional and skilled.
- Medical treatment here is extremely affordable.
- Many alternative healing methods like Yoga and Ayurveda are available.
- Advanced machinery
Looking for other Popular Destinations?
Treatments that India is known for:
- Bone Marrow Transplant: Indian surgeons excel at bone marrow transplant, which is a complex surgery per se. experienced doctors in renowned hospitals get this surgery done a lot of care.
- Cardiac bypass surgery: A life-saving surgery, it costs a minuscule in India if compared to other countries. The experienced Indian doctors carry out this surgery, and the level of practical knowledge they have is flawless.
- Eye surgery: Eye surgeries of all sorts starting from cataract operations to replacement are provided as LASIK is available in many cities of India.
- Hip replacement: Lower costs and major success rate are 2 contributing factors to prove that India might be the most famous destination to get a hip surgery. Patients have reported that they feel as good as new after the surgery.
- Heart surgery: Slightly different than a cardiac bypass surgery, India holds an authoritative identity in the field of heart surgeries. Heart surgeries of all kinds are carried out in India.
Are you struggling to find what you are looking for?
Get Expert's Callback
Where to go to India for medical treatment?
As India is enormous this is a list of cities to be in for the best possible medical care and hospitals in such cities that are rightfully the Best Hospitals in India.
- Chennai: Chennai is the most famous medical tourism destination of India. It receives 40% of all medical tourists that the country sees. According to a recent report, Chennai caters to almost 200 patients a day of foreign origin. Chennai offers high-quality treatment with good experience and low costs. Apollo hospital is the place to be in Chennai for excellent medical treatment.
- Mumbai: Mumbai is the fastest growing hub of medical tourism in the country. Its international airport connects to the entire world which is one of the most important reasons for Mumbai’s medical tourism boost. “Breach Candy” hospital is the preferred destination of foreigners for medical treatments when in Mumbai. “Kokilaben” hospital, “Hinduja hospital”, “Lilavati” hospital etc. are other preferred hospitals.
- Goa: Goa is the premier holiday destination in India. Other than that it has amazing weather and fantastic hospitals that provide excellent medical care. “Wockhardt” and “Apollo” are brilliant facilities to visit for medical tourists. The Indian Government to have taken many initiatives to promote medical tourism in Goa.
- New Delhi: New Delhi is the capital of India and has a large number of hospitals that comply with International standards. Hospitals here provide medical packages in various domains of medicine. Famous hospitals here include “Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia hospital”, “Indraprastha Apollo hospital”, “Fortis hospital”, “AIIMS”, “MAX hospital”, etc.
- Ahmedabad: Ahmadabad deserves a special mention in this list because of the state’s affiliation to several International countries. Thanks to the stellar medical facilities here that many NRI’s along with foreigners prefer getting their medical treatment here. “Civil Hospital,” “Sterling Hospital,” “Apollo Hospital,” “Shabby hospital,” “SAL Hospital,” “Rajasthan hospital” is few great hospitals for medical tourists here.
Explore Top Hospitals in India
Medical technology in India
Other than top-class professional doctors and hospitals, India is also growing in the medical technology sector. India is Asia’s 4th largest country to attain medical technology equipment. India has advanced in medical healthcare through technology. For example telemedicine, electronic health records, HIS, therapeutic tools, remote diagnostics, etc.
The average cost of Surgeries in India:
Various sorts of surgeries are performed in India’s medical institutions at affordable prices. Such as liver transplantation which costs around $69,200, as well as heart surgery, facelift, smile reconstruction, orthopedic surgery, etc. Every single one of them cost is affordable and in your medical budget.
Travel Tips for inbound medical tourists to India:
- Below mentioned points should be kept in mind while visiting India.
- Always keep your passport and identification documents with you.
- Stand up if an elder walks into your room.
- Never enter worshipping places with shoes on.
- Avoid discussing religion in public.
There is not one regular temperature in India. The three prominent seasons in India are monsoon, summer, and winter, all which lasts for 4 days. The best time to visit India is in late October when the monsoon is ending and winter is coming. This is the most pleasant season for travelers to come here.
- Needs a certificate to be treated by specialized hospitals
- Up to two blood relatives can accompany the patients
- Valid for one year
- Triple entry for this one year
- Visa duration is from the date of issuance and not from the entry into India.
- Places to visit in India
Must place visit in your travel to India is to visit the cultural hub of the country, the capital, i.e. Delhi. You can also visit Goa to enjoy the beach time with your loved ones, majestic historical places like Ajanta caves and refreshing hill stations OF Mussorie or Manali.
Cultural Do’s and Don’ts
- Cows are considered sacred in India so do not ask for beef unless in a 5-star hotel
- Refrain from over-friendly behavior with women.
- Be very careful when visiting religious places.
- Do not drink or smoke in public.
- Do get insured.
- Do buy bottled water only.
- Do greet people with a big smile.
- Do not take eating items or anything else from strangers.
- Avoid areas where Naxalism exists.
- Do not wander out too late in the night especially women.
- From its frontier technology to high-end healthcare system, India is providing these appreciating medical services at competitive rates and with 100% of success rates.
Could not find what you are Looking for?
Talk to our Experts