About Kidney Transplant Surgeon
A kidney transplant surgeon is a surgeon specialized in performing the procedure of transplanting a healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into the recipient patient whose kidneys no longer function properly.
When should you consider visiting a Kidney Transplant Surgeon?
There are various reasons or conditions when your physician might ask you for a visiting a kidney transplant surgeon, the most common being:
- Your kidneys has stopped working entirely or you are put on dialysis.
- Recurring infection in the kidney that cannot be treated effectively.
- Cancer that has spread from its original location to elsewhere in the body.
- Severe heart or other health problems that make it unsafe to have surgery.
- Serious conditions other than kidney disease that would not get better after transplantation.
- Current or recurring kidney infection that cannot be treated effectively.
- Cancer that has spread from its original location to kidney.
- Deceased-donor kidney transplant
- Living-donor kidney transplant
- Pre-emptive kidney transplant