When Is Hair Transplant Required?
Hair is one of the first and important aspects of a personality that a person notices about another person. Hair transplant in India is very common nowadays. One of the reasons is the increasing hair fall problem that is faced by both men and women because of environmental, genetical and other chemical factors. Many people experience low confidence because of hair fall and balding. This is most observable in the office spaces and in professional environments. Considering that the hair transplantation cost in India is very less, it is a good idea to get a hair transplant done if you feel that you have too much hair fall problems and that is affecting your social as well as professional life.
We see many youngsters also nowadays having hair fall problems. Hair fall is not something that should be big enough to ruin your dreams and aspirations. The solution to this is very easily available in almost all the cities in India and around the world. If your head looks too bald or it looks shabby because of patches of hair here and there (there is no proper consistency), then it probably is time for you to consider getting a hair transplant in India.
The Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is the most advanced and popular unisex pattern baldness treatment that is offered in the country. The hair transplantation process in India has become fairly easy and hassle-free. A lot of patients from abroad come to India for its inexpensive cost of the surgery. The hair transplant cost in India starts from USD 800 for patients from abroad. This particular technique involves the harvesting of each hair follicle individually using high precision and sharp punches which are then transplanted back immediately on the bald patches on the scalp to give a head full of hair. Although small linear scars are left on the scalp, in the process, it is not as painful as strip harvesting or the FUT technique of hair transplant.
The main difference between the FUT and strip harvesting is that although a strip of tissue with hair follicular units is excised from the back of the scalp, it is done in small, precise, and manual punches instead of taking a strip at a time and hence is also comparatively less painful for the patient.
The back and the sides of the head remain unaffected by baldness and not susceptible to the action of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), therefore, they make the perfect donor area for hair transplant treatments. Besides that, people with very good beard hair have the added option of using beard hair for the transplant. The beard hair, being thicker and coarser, makes the hair on the scalp look thicker and denser after the transplant. In extremely severe cases of baldness, the chest, axillary, or pubic hair is used as the last resort for hair transplantation.
Hair Transplantation Cost in India
No matter how advanced the FUE hair transplant technique is and how attractive the scalp looks after the transplant, the main question that remains is that, is hair transplantation in India really successful? The answer is fortunately YES.
The FUE type of hair transplant offered in the HairMD clinic, Pune is known for its success rates with real and amazing hair transplant results. Hair transplantation in India has emerged as a common and popular cosmetic medical procedure.
According to Dr. Sachin Pawar, a hair transplant surgeon, the hair transplant rates in India varies from Rs. 15 to Rs. 120 per graft with some clinics offering hair transplant packages ranging from Rs. 30,000 and above according to the level of customization. The most common factors that are instrumental in determining the cost of the hair transplant are listed below:
- Requirements of the graft according to the grade and affected area of baldness
- The donor area which is usually important to determine whether the FUT or the FUE technique is to be applied
- The kind of technology, customization, and equipment used for the transplant
- The surgeon is the most important factor that determines the cost as well as the success of the hair transplant treatment
- It is often seen that the location of the clinic, that is, in which city the clinic is located plays a role in determining the cost of the hair transplant procedure
- Last but not least, the number of sessions or the time required for the treatment is another factor that contributes to determining the cost of the transplant
Most Popular Hospitals for Hair Transplant
What Are The Factors Affecting The Cost Of Hair Transplant In India?
There are many factors that determine the actual hair transplantation cost in India. One of the main factors is the place where the patient chooses to get a hair transplant. There are many centers all over the major cities in India that are now offering hair transplants. It is important that the patient has a thorough idea about the place he or she is opting to get the hair transplant done. The main reason for this is because of the sheer number of transplantation centers that have opened up in recent times. It is good to ask the hospital or clinic for proper references and for testimonials of any past clients. Another thing that affects the cost of the hair transplant in India is the doctor who is performing the procedure itself. Experienced doctors may charge a bit more for the same procedure as they may have specialized techniques that they have developed in the field of doing many hair transplant surgeries. Another factor that determines the cost of transplant surgery is the amount of hair that needs to be transplanted. If there is only a small amount that needs to be transplanted and it will get over in a sitting or two, then the cost that is associated with it will be lesser than a transplant that requires many sittings. Another deciding factor of the cost of the transplant surgery is the type of surgery that the patient prefers. There are some types of hair transplants that can be performed. This is discussed in the next section.
What Are The Top Techniques That Are Utilized In India For Hair Transplantation?
There are two main transplant techniques that are followed by Indian doctors. These are the stilt graph technique and the micrograft technique. The stilt graph technique is used when more coverage of hair is required; this is because each graft contains about 5 to 10 hair follicles. The micrograft technique is used when less coverage of hair is required; this is because each graft contains about 1 to 2 hair follicles.
There are two main techniques that are used to get the hair follicles that are required: FUE (follicular unit extraction) amd FUT (follicular unit transplantation)
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): The FUE hair transplant in India is very common. In this particular procedure, the follicles of hair are cut directly from the backside of the head by thousands of small and secured punch incisions. The surgeon then makes small holes in the place where the hair is supposed to be transplanted with the help of a blade or special needle, and then they place these newly extracted follicles in that place. Once the graft is completed, the surgeon will cover the area with bandages so that it is able to heal in its own time. Hair transplantation cost in India for this type of surgery is very affordable, and even if multiple sittings are required, the cost will still be less expensive when you look at the benefits of this type of transplantation.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation): The FUT procedure is a little different from the FUE procedure. In the FUT procedure, the surgeon will identify a long area at the back of the head. This area should have good hair growth for a few inches long. The surgeon will then use a scalpel-like tool to remove a long (inches) of scalp skin at a single go. The area from where the skin graft is obtained is then closed by the procedure of stitching. The hair transplant surgeon will then cut up these long skin grafts into very small pieces with the help of a magnifying glass and a scalpel. These sections will then individually be implanted at the place where the hair is supposed to grow. The hair transplantation cost in India for this type of surgery may be a bit more when compared to the FUE procedure.
Types of Hair Transplants Offered in India
Even though a few decades earlier, hair transplant was something very alien and viewed with skepticism by the people in India, the scenario is not quite the same as of 2018. Due to the rising trend of balding at a very young age because of stress, lifestyle, poor diet, and pollution especially in the urban areas, the news of low cost of these hair transplant treatments is some of the reasons for increasing demand of the procedure. In some cases, cost as low as 30,000 for the whole treatment is a piece of very welcome news for the younger generations.
Although FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is the most advanced and popular technology, there are a few other types of hair transplantation in India. The FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) technique and the strip harvesting method being two of them. The FUE hair treatment cost in India is comparatively low since it is a very popular and common technique that is opted for by both the patients and the surgeons.
Among the three types of procedures that are available for treatment in India, the FUT or the strip procedure can cost between Rs.40,000 and Rs.50,000. The second procedure, that is, the FUE costs around Rs. 30,000 and above. It is slower, less painful and presently a very popular technique.
The third and most advanced technology available is the DHI procedure. The DHI hair treatment cost in India is around Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs. Although the newspapers and magazines nowadays are filled with advertisements of cheap hair transplant offers, surgeons recommend against blindly trusting them.
Top Clinics / Destinations for Hair Transplantation in India
Since by now we know that the location of the clinic plays a major part in determining the cost of the hair transplantation treatment in India, therefore, it is very common in India to travel to the places where the hair transplant treatments are offered at a comparatively lower cost. Here is an indicative list of the cost of the best hair transplant treatments in various cities in India based on the best hair transplant in India reviews:
||Average Hair Transplant Cost (INR)
||45,000 to 1,35,000 (35 to 40 rupees per graft)
||35,000 to 1,15,000 (30 to 35 rupees per graft)
||30,000 to 50,000 (30 to 35 rupees per graft)
||80,000 to 1,20,000 (30 to 45 rupees per graft)
||65,000 to 90,000 (20 to 35 rupees per graft)
||50,000 to 1,00,000 (25 to 45 rupees per graft)
||35,000 to 1,00,000 (20 to 45 rupees per graft)
||75,00,000 to 1,00,000 (40 to 45 rupees per graft)
Top Hospitals for Hair Transplant in India
Which Are The Most Sought After Hair Transplant Surgeons And Hospitals In India?
Provided below is also a list of the most top-rated hair transplant clinics in India:
- Adhi: One of the best hair transplant centers in India, Adhi has its branches all over the country. The experts that operate here are pretty well known across the country and this place has an extensive and decorated background when it comes to the field of cosmetic surgeries and hair treatment in India. Even though it is slightly expensive than the usual hair treatment centers, this center has high success rates.
- Perfect hair transplant: Another great chain of hair transplant treatment centers spread all over India, with its head clinic being located in the beautiful city of Chandigarh is pretty well equipped and the experts here are all veterans in the field of hair transplant treatment who know precisely how to get you what you need.
- Skin City: Skin City is another large chain of hair transplant clinics, operating in India and is often labeled as the best hair transplant clinic in India by a lot of hair transplant experts. It is spread among 16 districts of Maharashtra with 12 years of experience is definitely worth the visit for most people suffering from baldness.
- Vasan Hair Care: Located in the beautiful city of Chennai, with branches all over India, Vasan Hair Care is another brilliant hair transplant clinic in India known for it’s surgical as well as non-surgical hair treatment procedures.
- DHI: With its centers all over India, the DHI chain of clinics is has become quite a big success in the field of hair transplant procedures. This is an absolutely brilliant chain of clinics with professional and standard hair experts.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute: One of the foremost hospital chains in India. Fortis Hospitals is considered to be one of the best Hair Transplant Centers in India for high-end patients
- Artemis Hospital: This multispecialty hospital was established in 2007 and is the first hospital to be JCI and NABH accredited in the vibrant city of Gurgaon. Look now for top quality Hair Transplantation in Gurgaon at Artemis Hospital, one of the few JCI-Certified hospitals in India for Hair Transplantation in India.
Success Rate of Hair Transplantation in India
Any cosmetic surgery is a huge and a major life-changing decision for anyone opting for it, the same applies in cosmetic treatments such as hair transplants. Although the average hair transplant success rate is around 98 percent, as reported by the best hair transplant surgeons in India, it is always a wise move to know about the factors that are instrumental behind a hair transplant success rate:
- Evaluating the procedure is the key to the success of a hair transplant treatment. Choosing the right surgeon who answers all your transplant-related questions satisfactorily, informs you about the myths and facts, provides you with an honest and clear picture, and is well known in his field is the wisest thing to do.
- Knowing the main objective of the surgery is another important factor that needs to be very clear right from the beginning. Different patients walk in with different expectations hence a good surgeon will ask and be well aware of your objective before performing the surgery.
- Although the thumb rule is to evaluate the quantity and quality of hair growth after a year to determine the success of the procedure, it would be completely unfair to say that the surgeon is solely responsible for the success. It is important for the patients to carefully follow the instructions and the care routines suggested to them after the treatment to ensure success in the treatment.
- The last but the most important thing that determines the success rate of a particular hair transplant treatment is by how the patient feels about themselves after the procedure is complete. The success of a particular transplant is evaluated on the basis of the confidence and self-esteem boost of a patient after the transplant.
On careful evaluation of all the factors including the choice of surgeon and sorting clinics based on the hair transplantation cost in India, one must take such a huge and life-altering decision, so that at the end of the day it is all worth the money, energy and time that have been invested due to the course of treatment.
Get a Treatment Plan for Hair Transplant in India
Talk to Healthcare Experts
What Is The Recovery Process Post Hair Transplant In India?
The recovery process is pretty simple for the FUE hair transplant in India as there are no stitches that are involved in the process of the transplantation. The recovery involves letting the site of the hair transplant and the site of the origin of the follicles heal. These are wrapped in protective bandages by the doctors after the procedure. The doctor will tell the patient to come on a particular day to get the bandages removed so that the evaluation of the condition of the hair transplant can be done. The doctor will also prescribe some pain killers to relieve any pain after the hair transplant procedure. Antibiotics will also be prescribed so that the sites of transplant and the origin site do not get any type of infection. Swelling is a common side effect of the FUE hair transplant in India and can be easily managed by a few anti-inflammatory pills that the surgeon will prescribe. A typical person can once again resume their daily activities after a few days of the procedure. The transplanted hair will typically fall out in about two or three weeks after the surgery. This is normal, and this process allows the new hair to grow.
Doctors may also prescribe a certain kind of special medication to patients to strengthen hair growth in their bodies. These medicines will also help in controlling the hair fall in later stages of life and bring a confident look to the personality of the patient.