When Is Hair Transplant Required?
Hair is one of the first and important aspects of a personality that a person notices about another person. Hair transplant in India is very common nowadays. One of the reasons is the increasing hair fall problem that is faced by both men and women because of environmental, genetic, and other chemical factors. Many people experience low confidence because of hair fall and balding. This is most observable in the office spaces and professional environments. Considering that the hair transplantation cost in India is very less, it is a good idea to get a hair transplant done if you feel that you have too many hair fall problems and that is affecting your social as well as professional life.
We see many youngsters also nowadays having hair fall problems. Hair fall is not something that should be big enough to ruin your dreams and aspirations. The solution to this is very easily available in almost all the cities in India and around the world. If your head looks too bald or it looks shabby because of patches of hair here and there (there is no proper consistency), then it probably is time for you to consider getting a hair transplant in India.
The Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is the most advanced and popular unisex pattern baldness treatment that is offered in the country. The hair transplantation process in India has become fairly easy and hassle-free. A lot of patients from abroad come to India for its inexpensive cost of the surgery. The hair transplant cost in India starts from USD 800 for patients from abroad. This particular technique involves the harvesting of each hair follicle individually using high precision and sharp punches which are then transplanted back immediately on the bald patches on the scalp to give a head full of hair. Although small linear scars are left on the scalp, in the process, it is not as painful as strip harvesting or the FUT technique of hair transplant.
The main difference between the FUT and strip harvesting is that although a strip of tissue with hair follicular units is excised from the back of the scalp, it is done in small, precise, and manual punches instead of taking a strip at a time and hence is also comparatively less painful for the patient.
The back and the sides of the head remain unaffected by baldness and not susceptible to the action of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), therefore, they make the perfect donor area for hair transplant treatments. Besides that, people with very good beard hair have the added option of using beard hair for the transplant. The beard hair, being thicker and coarser, makes the hair on the scalp look thicker and denser after the transplant. In extremely severe cases of baldness, the chest, axillary, or pubic hair is used as the last resort for hair transplantation.
Hair Transplantation Cost in India
No matter how advanced the FUE hair transplant technique is and how attractive the scalp looks after the transplant, the main question that remains is that, is hair transplantation in India really successful? The answer is fortunately YES.
The FUE type of hair transplant offered in the HairMD clinic, Pune is known for its success rates with real and amazing hair transplant results. Hair transplantation in India has emerged as a common and popular cosmetic medical procedure.
According to Dr. Sachin Pawar, a hair transplant surgeon, the hair transplant rates in India vary from Rs. 15 to Rs. 120 per graft with some clinics offering hair transplant packages ranging from Rs. 30,000 and above according to the level of customization. The most common factors that are instrumental in determining the cost of the hair transplant are listed below:
- Requirements of the graft according to the grade and affected area of baldness
- The donor area which is usually important to determine whether the FUT or the FUE technique is to be applied
- The kind of technology, customization, and equipment used for the transplant
- The surgeon is the most important factor that determines the cost as well as the success of the hair transplant treatment
- It is often seen that the location of the clinic, that is, in which city the clinic is located plays a role in determining the cost of the hair transplant procedure
- Last but not least, the number of sessions or the time required for the treatment is another factor that contributes to determining the cost of the transplant
Medical treatment in India is often considered among the most affordable packages. However, the treatment offered in the hospitals, as well as clinics in the country, remains uncompromised. This is also the reason, medical tourists from even the most developed countries travel to India to avail the best medical facilities at an astounding price. Thus, like several other cosmetic treatments, the cost of hair transplants in India is one of the lowest across the world. International Candidates looking for affordable hair graft solutions may avail of the treatment at $0.20 to $1.6 per graft price range.
Most Popular Hospitals for Hair Transplant
What Are The Factors Affecting The Cost Of Hair Transplant In India?
Many factors determine the actual hair transplantation cost in India. One of the main factors is the place where the patient chooses to get a hair transplant. There are many centers all over the major cities in India that are now offering hair transplants. The patient must have a thorough idea about the place he or she is opting to get the hair transplant done. The main reason for this is the sheer number of transplantation centers that have opened up in recent times. It is good to ask the hospital or clinic for proper references and testimonials of any past clients. Another thing that affects the cost of the hair transplant in India is the doctor who is performing the procedure itself. Experienced doctors may charge a bit more for the same procedure as they may have specialized techniques that they have developed in the field of doing many hair transplant surgeries. Another factor that determines the cost of transplant surgery is the amount of hair that needs to be transplanted. If there is only a small amount that needs to be transplanted and it will get over in a sitting or two, then the cost that is associated with it will be lesser than a transplant that requires many sittings. Another deciding factor of the cost of the transplant surgery is the type of surgery that the patient prefers. Some types of hair transplants can be performed. This is discussed in the next section.
What Are The Top Techniques That Are Utilized In India For Hair Transplantation?
Two main transplant techniques are followed by Indian doctors. These are the stilt graph technique and the micrograft technique. The stilt graph technique is used when more coverage of hair is required; this is because each graft contains about 5 to 10 hair follicles. The micrograft technique is used when less coverage of hair is required; this is because each graft contains about 1 to 2 hair follicles.
Two main techniques are used to get the hair follicles that are required: FUE (follicular unit extraction) and FUT (follicular unit transplantation)
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): FUE hair transplant in India is very common. In this particular procedure, the follicles of hair are cut directly from the backside of the head by thousands of small and secured punch incisions. The surgeon then makes small holes in the place where the hair is supposed to be transplanted with the help of a blade or special needle, and then they place these newly extracted follicles in that place. Once the graft is completed, the surgeon will cover the area with bandages so that it can heal in its own time. Hair transplantation cost in India for this type of surgery is very affordable, and even if multiple sittings are required, the cost will still be less expensive when you look at the benefits of this type of transplantation.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Cost in India
|LEVEL OF BALDNESS
||NO. OF GRAFTS REQUIRED
||AVERAGE COST (USD)
||USD 900 to 1350
||USD 1000 to 1500
||USD 1250 to 1850
||USD 1350 to 2050
||USD 1500 to 2300
||USD 1650 to 2350
||USD 1700 to 2600
||USD 1850 to 2900
||USD 2000 to 3100
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation): The FUT procedure is a little different from the FUE procedure. In the FUT procedure, the surgeon will identify a long area at the back of the head. This area should have good hair growth for a few inches long. The surgeon will then use a scalpel-like tool to remove a long (inches) of scalp skin at a single go. The area from where the skin graft is obtained is then closed by the procedure of stitching. The hair transplant surgeon will then cut up these long skin grafts into very small pieces with the help of a magnifying glass and a scalpel. These sections will then individually be implanted at the place where the hair is supposed to grow. The hair transplantation cost in India for this type of surgery may be a bit more when compared to the FUE procedure.
FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) cost in India:
|LEVEL OF BALDNESS
||NO. OF GRAFTS REQUIRED
||AVERAGE COST (USD)
||USD 1450 to 2300
||USD 1650 to 2500
||USD 2150 to 2500
||USD 2300 to 3500
||USD 2500 to 3700
||USD 2300 to 3500
||USD 2500 to 4000
||USD 3150 to 4800
||USD 3300 to 5200
PRP Treatment in India
Platelet-rich Plasma treatment abbreviated as the PRP treatment is gaining ground as a form of a modern solution for hair transplants. Supported by many specialists, PRP treatment is offered as the next best solution to hair loss after hair grafts. PRP is collected from the patient’s own blood. The blood with a higher concentration of growth factors as well as cell signaling factors is injected into the candidate. PRP treatment has thus shown exceptional benefits in stimulating hair growth. India offers some of the most cost-effective PRP treatments across the world. There are several clinics in the major metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, etc. that offer PRP treatment for hair loss in India. The cost of PRP hair treatment in India is estimated to be around $59.63 to $198.75.
Robotic Hair Transplant In India
Robotic Hair Transplant is highly preferred in the case of Follicular Unit Extraction, or FUE. In this procedure, the hair follicles are extracted from the regions of dense growth (known as donor regions) and implanted in regions of less growth (recipient region) with the help of robotic technology. This procedure is preferred by both candidates and surgeons as it has higher accuracy than traditional procedures. Apart from this, there are several other advantages of robotic technology over other traditional technologies. This is because the latter is more time-consuming and is not completely efficient. Thus, robotic hair transplantation is preferred by the candidates who are ready to invest in a more permanent and aesthetic result altogether. One of the biggest reasons why most of the candidates prefer robotic hair transplants in India is the affordable cost of the procedure. The robotic hair transplant cost in India is approximately $0.87 to $1.43, which is lower than what is offered in many major countries. Thus, some of the best clinics in India which offer RHT are:
- Dermasculpt Skin and Hair Clinic
- iGraft Global Hyderabad
- Regenix Clinic
- Bbeauty Skin & Health Clinic
- Dr. Aggarwal’s Clinic
Surgical Benefits & Non-Surgical Benefits of Hair Transplant
Where baldness is a serious issue for people, many candidates often have difficulty in figuring out which procedure is the best fit for them. Choosing between the surgical and non-surgical treatment of hair transplant is a tough choice for people who are unaware of the advantages on either side. This is also the reason why proper medical guidance is highly required before availing any of hair transplantation procedure.
Benefits of Surgical Hair Transplant:
For people who want permanent hair solutions, availing surgical procedures guarantee better benefits of hair transplantation. Surgical measures ensure:
- Better physical appearance. This is because the procedure assures natural-looking hair growth thereby guaranteeing a more natural look to the individual.
- Cures balding. In most cases, surgical processes provide the ultimate solution for balding as the follicles are directly transplanted and implanted onto the scalp which causes hair growth
- Lesser maintenance. One of the prime benefits of hair transplantation via surgical methods is that it needs lesser maintenance. The hair growth is mostly natural and does not need additional effort after the procedure.
- Long-lasting. The surgical procedure is better lasting than the other procedures. This is because healthy hair-growing follicles are embedded inside the scalp which causes normal and regular hair growth for a long time.
Benefits of Non-Surgical Hair Transplant:
Where surgical treatment is often considered as a permanent solution, there are several benefits of non-surgical hair transplant, which are:
- Affordable. Non-surgical procedures are more affordable than surgical ones as they are minimally invasive and can be performed by traditional measures.
- Instantaneous result. One of the biggest reasons why most people adopt non-surgical procedures is because they can achieve the desired appearance instantaneously.
- Painless. Non-surgical procedures are adopted because they are not so painful. Such procedures do not have long-term side effects and also do not cause soreness.
How Long Does The Hair Growth Take?
The rate of hair growth varies from person to person. Depending on the rate of metabolism, and various other biochemical changes the rate of hair growth may be high or low in people. However, as per the American Academy of Dermatology, on average, the hair growth of humans is estimated to be approximately one and half-inch per month. Thus, in a year, the total hair growth of a person is about six inches. However, the growth of the hair can be altered to a certain extent and increased with the help of a healthy diet and supplements. However, hair growth after hair transplantation works in a different fashion. In the initial three to four months post-procedure, the growth is observed to be approximately 12% to 20%. This rate increases up to 50% over a period of six months and in the following eight to nine months the growth exceeds up to 80% altogether. The rate of air growth varies even after transplantation. Where in some cases growth is observed to reach its peak in between the sixth to ninth months, in other cases, hair growth may take up to 12 months.
Note: Every candidate undergoing the procedure should keep in mind the post-transplantation, hair fall will be normal and may be noticed during the second or eighth week after the successful completion of the surgery.
Types of Hair Transplants Offered in India
Even though a few decades earlier, hair transplant was something very alien and viewed with skepticism by the people in India, the scenario is not quite the same as of 2018. Due to the rising trend of balding at a very young age because of stress, lifestyle, poor diet, and pollution especially in the urban areas, the news of low cost of these hair transplant treatments is one of the reasons for the increasing demand for the procedure. In some cases, cost as low as 30,000 for the whole treatment is a piece of very welcome news for the younger generations.
Although FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is the most advanced and popular technology, there are a few other types of hair transplantation in India. The FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) technique and the strip harvesting method being two of them. The FUE hair treatment cost in India is comparatively low since it is a very popular and common technique that is opted for by both patients and surgeons.
Among the three types of procedures that are available for treatment in India, the FUT or the strip procedure can cost between Rs.40,000 and Rs.50,000. The second procedure, that is, the FUE costs around Rs. 30,000 and above. It is slower, less painful, and presently a very popular technique.
The third and most advanced technology available is the DHI procedure. The DHI hair treatment cost in India is around Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs. Although the newspapers and magazines nowadays are filled with advertisements of cheap hair transplant offers, surgeons recommend against blindly trusting them.
Body Hair Transplant In India
Body Hair Transplant, abbreviated as BHT has been a blessing for innumerable people in the world. Mostly preferred by people who wish to grow facial hair like eyebrows, mustache, or beard, BHT is availed by thousands of people worldwide. In this procedure, hair from anywhere on the body, that shows dense hair growth, is taken to be implanted in the areas that show lesser hair growth. For the procedure, the hair follicles are extracted from chest hair, abdominal hair, armpits, or pubic hair for the same. The procedure has gained high popularity due to its aesthetic properties. Unlike traditional hair graft solutions, BHT is availed by candidates who want to hide scars and injury marks. Accidental damage or burns cause scars on the body and leaves the area barren, which is why many candidates often resort to the Body Hair Transplantation procedure to cover the marks and help fresh hair growth. Apart from that, such hair follicles are even transplanted onto the head to cover baldness. However, a body hair transplant to the head is done in cases when the scalp of the candidate does not have an adequate supply of hair for transplantation. Hair transplanted from BHT is preferred in case the candidate wants to hide the hair graft scars. The procedure is thus offered in several places in India like Jaipur, Chennai, Vellore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi, and several others.
Facial Hair Transplant in India
Facial hair transplant is counted among aesthetic hair transplant procedures. These are opted by candidates who experience scare hair growth on their facial area. In most cases, facial hair transplantation is opted by men mostly to compensate for scarce mustache and beard growth. Apart from that, the procedure is also opted to increase hair growth in the eyebrows to achieve a thicker browse for fashion and beauty. There is no particular requirement for this procedure and can be opted to restore hairline even for thinning hair or areas where prior hair growth had not occurred. Many people opt for facial hair transplants for cheek beard and sideburns to cover the desired areas of interest. Hair for this purpose can be collected from anywhere on the body, preferably from the chest region or armpits, or abdominal region. The choice of donor area depends on the density of hair growth noted by the surgeon before the procedure. The procedure is performed by medical professionals who are experienced in the area. Facial hair treatment in India is offered in several cosmetic surgery clinics and hair transplantation clinics. The cost of the procedure, though low, is affected by several factors such as the type of clinic, location of the clinic, the doctors involved, and the extent of the procedure required. Among the various types of FHTs, beard transplant cost in India ranges from approximately $0.69 to $1.70.
Advantages Of Facial Hair Transplants in India
There are several advantages of facial hair transplant procedures. Besides being aesthetically appealing, the procedure can result in:
- Accentuating the physical appearance. Thinned or missing hair in specific regions like eyebrows or beard lining.
- Hides scars. Accidental damage may leave scars that often compromise the appearance of people. This results in decreased self-esteem and confidence. Because of this, the candidates resort to cosmetic surgical procedures to cover the scars. If the scars are in the facial hairline, FHT is often the best solution
- Hide anomaly. Any kind of congenital or accidental anomaly or deformity caused in the face over the hairline can be easily covered by the FHT procedure. This not only enhances the physical appearance of the candidate but also boosts the confidence of the candidate manifolds.
- Natural look. One of the prime benefits of facial hair transplant is that it gives a completely natural look. This is because the follicles are implanted onto the recipient region from the healthy donor region. Thus, these healthy follicles assist in healthy and thick hair that grows naturally from the follicles giving a completely natural look to the individual.
- No scar. The facial hair transplants are minimally invasive which means that the procedure does not leave scars. Thus, the candidate does not need to worry about the visibility of the scars post-procedure. Minor puncture marks are known to fade away with time.
Beard Hair Transplant in India
Beard transplant in India is commonly performed in cosmetic surgery clinics and hair transplantation clinics. the procedure is commonly performed by men who either do not have any growth in their facial hairline or have thin beard lining. Apart from that, beard transplantation is also availed by candidates who want to cover injury marks or scars, or burn marks. For the procedure to be performed, the doctor maintains strict protocols. Beginning with applying anesthesia locally on the area where the procedure needs to be performed, a 1mm circular incision is made on the donor region. Another incision or hole is made on the recipient area where the hair needs to be implanted. The follicular units thus extracted from the donor region are planted on the recipient region. Utmost care is taken to not damage the existing healthy follicles. Although the procedure offered is the same in all the clinics, the cost of the procedure may vary depending on the location of the clinic. Clinics in the major cities of the country are often appreciated for housing the best medical professionals. Besides, the use of advanced technologies in the treatment is also more prevalent in such multi-specialty clinics, which directly affects the cost of the procedure. Hence, beard transplant cost in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, and other major cities has been estimated to be marginally higher than other cities in the country.
Eyebrow Hair Transplant In India
Eyebrows play a huge role in maintaining facial symmetry in people. This is also the reason why many people resort to opting for eyebrow hair transplant procedures. Performed by medical professionals, eyebrow hair transplant gives a fresh appearance to the candidate availing the procedure. This is because post-procedure the hair grows naturally from the transplanted areas and does not give any artificial look to the individual. The procedure is not only availed by the native citizens but also by international tourists from all across the world. This is because eyebrow transplant cost in India is far more affordable than that offered in the other countries. On average, the cost per graft has been estimated to be $0.20 to $0.35. However, the cost of the procedure is subject to variation as it depends on several factors. The expense of the procedure depends on the clinic from where the procedure has been availed, the doctor who is performing the procedure, the extent and number of grafts required and the procedure (surgical and non-surgical) implemented. Eyebrow transplant in India is performed in an array of clinics in almost every major city of the country. These clinics are easily accessible due to their location and are recognized for their high success rates altogether.
Moustache Hair Transplant in India
Having a mustache is more of pride for most men around the world. Not only does it add a tinge of glamour to the individual but also gives a distinct touch to the personality of men. Where some people choose to carry themselves with grace, others opt for better alternatives like transplantation procedures. Moustache hair transplant has grown very popular in the last few decades and thousands of people are opting for the procedure. The procedure can be availed by men who are diagnosed with missing or thinning hairlines in the area. For the procedure, hair follicles from different regions (donor regions, where dense hair growth) are extracted and transplanted into the recipient region of the candidate; in this case, mustache lining. The procedure is highly favored by people as it gives a natural look to the candidate undergoing the procedure. It is one of the most common procedures performed in almost all hair transplant clinics across the world. However, countries like India, Malaysia, etc. offer affordable packages for the procedure. Moustache hair transplant cost in India is estimated to be ranging from $0.56 to $1.61, which is why the country witnesses a high number of foreign medical tourists besides native candidates.
Chest/ Pubic Hair Transplant in India
The most common areas of follicular extraction are the chest, armpits, and pubic region. These regions show high growth and have dense healthy follicles, which is why the follicles extracted from these regions show high success in hair transplantation. Hair follicles from the chest and pubic areas are known for thicker hair growth. The quality of hair in these areas is notably healthier than that in other areas of the body. Hair from these areas is mostly extracted for hair transplant in the head when the backside of the scalp has thinner hair. Body hair transplant in India has grown popular owing to the high success rate of the clinics. The cost of a body hair transplant is affordable than most countries and the quality of the treatment is uncompromised. Besides, another type of procedure, pubic hair transplant in India has also attained fame. This is because pubic hair is used for transplantation procedures on the head and other areas of interest. The cost of the procedures varies as per the extent of baldness diagnosed, the number of grafts required, and the type of clinic and doctors performing the procedure.
What Are The Deciding Factors For Calculating Hair Transplant Cost In India?
The cost of hair transplants in India is lower than that offered in most of the countries in the world. However, the expense is affected by several factors, which are:
- The number of grafts required: The number of grafts required by a candidate directly affects the cost of the procedure. This is because the cost of most of the procedures is decided on a “Per Graft” basis. Thus, the greater the extent of baldness diagnosed, the more will be the number of grafts required and higher the cost estimated.
- Surgeon (s) performing the procedure: The number of surgeons involved in the procedure and their expertise affect the cost of the procedure to a great extent. Besides, the surgeons with higher expertise and a wider range of fieldwork have higher fees, which incurs the greater expenditure.
Clinics: Clinics that are certified by the government are furnished with all sorts of advanced medical facilities. Such clinics are recognized for offering standard facilities and housing expert teams of surgeons, and thus, have a slightly higher package than the rest.
Top Clinics / Destinations for Hair Transplantation in India
Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital is multispecialty tertiary care hospital situated in a well-connected region of the National capital of India, Delhi. Fortis Vasant Kunj is renowned for bringing world-class treatment to the doorstep of all Indians and also to visitors from abroad at an optimal pricing. The ambiance of the hospital has been so designed to make everyone feel comfortable and at home. People accompanying patients can also easily locate hotels near Vasant Kunj to manage their... Read More
DOCTORS in 11 Specialties
Facilities & Amenities
Cocoona Centre for Aesthetic Transformation in India is one of its kind aesthetic hospitals that has been serving patients with unwavering dedication and state-of- the-art treatment facilities for years. Its surgical, non-surgical, hair transplant, dermatology, and medical departments have done a remarkable job in various types of aesthetic surgeries. Their high-end treatments such as hair transplant, liposuction, plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, gyne... Read More
DOCTORS in 1 Specialties
Facilities & Amenities
W Pratiksha Hospital is a multi-speciality Hospital dedicated to setting benchmarks in healthcare by comprehensively catering to health requirements of people from India and abroad. Established in 1995, the 100 bedded facility is the flagship hospital of Pratiksha Group of Hospitals. Pratisha Group of Hospitals boasts of about 25 years of experience in healthcare treating patients through its Hospitals and clinics across India.
W Pratiksha is an ultra-modern hospital with world class... Read More
DOCTORS in 12 Specialties
Facilities & Amenities
Since we know that the location of the clinic plays a major part in determining the cost of the hair transplantation treatment in India, it is very common in India to travel to places where hair transplant treatments are offered at a comparatively lower cost. Here is an indicative list of the cost of the best hair transplant treatments in various cities in India based on the best hair transplant in India reviews:
||Average Hair Transplant Cost (INR)
||45,000 to 1,35,000 (35 to 40 rupees per graft)
||35,000 to 1,15,000 (30 to 35 rupees per graft)
||30,000 to 50,000 (30 to 35 rupees per graft)
||80,000 to 1,20,000 (30 to 45 rupees per graft)
||65,000 to 90,000 (20 to 35 rupees per graft)
||50,000 to 1,00,000 (25 to 45 rupees per graft)
||35,000 to 1,00,000 (20 to 45 rupees per graft)
||75,00,000 to 1,00,000 (40 to 45 rupees per graft)
Which Are The Most Sought After Hair Transplant Surgeons And Hospitals In India?
Provided below is also a list of the most top-rated hair transplant clinics in India:
- Adhi: One of India’s best hair transplant centers, Adhi has its branches all over the country. The experts that operate here are pretty well known across the country and this place has an extensive and decorated background when it comes to the field of cosmetic surgeries and hair treatment in India. Even though it is slightly expensive than the usual hair treatment centers, this center has high success rates.
- Perfect hair transplant: Another great chain of hair transplant treatment centers spread all over India, with its head clinic being located in the beautiful city of Chandigarh is pretty well equipped and the experts here are all veterans in the field of hair transplant treatment who know precisely how to get you what you need.
- Skin City: Skin City is another large chain of hair transplant clinics, operating in India and is often labeled as the best hair transplant clinic in India by a lot of hair transplant experts. It is spread among 16 districts of Maharashtra with 12 years of experience is definitely worth the visit for most people suffering from baldness.
- Vasan Hair Care: Located in the beautiful city of Chennai, with branches all over India, Vasan Hair Care is another brilliant hair transplant clinic in India known for its surgical as well as non-surgical hair treatment procedures.
- DHI: With its centers all over India, the DHI chain of clinics is has become quite a big success in the field of hair transplant procedures. This is an absolutely brilliant chain of clinics with professional and standard hair experts.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute: One of the foremost hospital chains in India. Fortis Hospitals is considered to be one of the best Hair Transplant Centers in India for high-end patients
- Artemis Hospital: This multispecialty hospital was established in 2007 and is the first hospital to be JCI and NABH accredited in the vibrant city of Gurgaon. Look now for top-quality Hair Transplantation in Gurgaon at Artemis Hospital, one of the few JCI-Certified hospitals in India for Hair Transplantation in India.
How To Choose A Hair Transplant Surgeon In India?
Like any other surgical procedure, the success of a hair transplant depends on the surgeon performing the procedure. Hair transplantation needs extreme precision as it affects the physical appearance of the candidate. Any misplaced graft or faulty or damaged transplantation will lead to the failure of the entire procedure and thus, additional hassle and complexity for the candidate. In a country like India where the clinics and multispecialty hospitals are constantly striving towards helping the candidates with the best of the treatment facilities, finding the right surgeon is not a humongous task. In order to choose the best hair transplant surgeon in India, the candidate must look up to the expertise of the surgeon and years of experience. This is because, with experience, the surgeons attain high field knowledge and are thus able to treat the condition in a better way. Surgeons with high success rates are also adorned with awards and gracious reviews submitted by candidates who have satisfactorily got treated. Besides, one must also lookup for the behavior of the surgeon as a warm and welcoming medical professional who can offer proper guidance, does half the job by boosting the confidence of the people pre-procedure.
Success Rate of Hair Transplantation in India
Any cosmetic surgery is a huge and major life-changing decision for anyone opting for it, the same applies to cosmetic treatments such as hair transplants. Although the average hair transplant success rate is around 98 percent, as reported by the best hair transplant surgeons in India, it is always a wise move to know about the factors that are instrumental behind a hair transplant success rate:
- Evaluating the procedure is the key to the success of a hair transplant treatment. Choosing the right surgeon who answers all your transplant-related questions satisfactorily, informs you about the myths and facts, provides you with an honest and clear picture, and is well known in his field is the wisest thing to do.
- Knowing the main objective of the surgery is another important factor that needs to be very clear right from the beginning. Different patients walk in with different expectations hence a good surgeon will ask and be well aware of your objective before performing the surgery.
- Although the thumb rule is to evaluate the quantity and quality of hair growth after a year to determine the success of the procedure, it would be completely unfair to say that the surgeon is solely responsible for the success. It is important for the patients to carefully follow the instructions and the care routines suggested to them after the treatment to ensure success in the treatment.
- The last but the most important thing that determines the success rate of a particular hair transplant treatment is how the patient feels about themselves after the procedure is complete. The success of a particular transplant is evaluated based on the confidence and self-esteem boost of a patient after the transplant.
On the careful evaluation of all the factors including the choice of surgeon and sorting clinics based on the hair transplantation cost in India, one must take such a huge and life-altering decision, so that at the end of the day it is all worth the money, energy and time that have been invested due to the course of treatment.
What Is The Recovery Process Post Hair Transplant In India?
The recovery process is pretty simple for the FUE hair transplant in India as there are no stitches involved in the transplantation process. The recovery involves letting the site of the hair transplant and the site of the origin of the follicles heal. These are wrapped in protective bandages by the doctors after the procedure. The doctor will tell the patient to come on a particular day to get the bandages removed so that the evaluation of the condition of the hair transplant can be done. The doctor will also prescribe some pain killers to relieve any pain after the hair transplant procedure. Antibiotics will also be prescribed so that the sites of transplant and the origin site do not get any type of infection. Swelling is a common side effect of the FUE hair transplant in India and can be easily managed by a few anti-inflammatory pills that the surgeon will prescribe. A typical person can once again resume their daily activities after a few days of the procedure. The transplanted hair will typically fall out in about two or three weeks after the surgery. This is normal, and this process allows the new hair to grow.
Doctors may also prescribe a certain kind of special medication to patients to strengthen hair growth in their bodies. These medicines will also help in controlling the hair fall in later stages of life and bring a confident look to the personality of the patient.