About Reproductive Endocrinologist
Reproductive endocrinologists are doctors specialized in diagnosing and treating fertility related issues in both males and females. Reproductive Endocrinologists are trained in the subspecialty of Gynecology and Obstetrics including:
- Medical and surgical treatment of conditions of the female reproductive tract
- Care of pregnant women
- Delivery of babies
Many patients visited by a Reproductive Endocrinologist either face complications or experience fertility related problems.
When should you consider visiting a Reproductive Endocrinologist?
There are various reasons why your doctors might refer you to visit a reproductive endocrinologist, some of which include:
- Difficulty conceiving for more than six months if you're aged 35 or above or for more than a year if you're younger.
- Having had two or more miscarriages.
- Risk factors or symptoms of infertility especially if you are trying to conceive.
- Men or women interested in permanent birth control options like tubal ligation or vasectomy.
- Men or women who have cancer or have high chances of cancer but want to preserve fertility.
- A family history of any family member having breast or ovarian cancer or two or more family members with breast, ovary, pancreatic or prostate cancer.
- Personal history of any sexually transmitted disease (STD) treated in the past.
- Congenital uterine anomalies.
- Acquired uterine abnormalities.
- Other disorders of the female reproductive tract.
- Testicular biopsy
- Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA)
- Percutaneous sperm aspiration (PESA)
- Vasectomy reversal
- Selective Tubal Cannulation
- Robotic Surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System
- Reproductive surgery
- Pelvic Adhesions
- Tubal Fertility Surgery
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Unwanted hair growth on face trunk or limbs
- Acne flare-ups especially prior to a menstrual period
- Prior surgery on the uterus, fallopian tubes or ovary
- Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP)
Top Reproductive Endocrinologists in South Korea