The inability to gain and maintain a hard adequate erection for intercourse is referred to as erectile dysfunction (impotence). Having erection trouble from time to time isn’t necessarily a cause for concern. However, if erectile dysfunction is a long-term condition, it can create stress, lower self-esteem, and lead to interpersonal issues. Problems obtaining or maintaining an erection can be a symptom of a more serious underlying health condition, as well as a risk factor for heart disease.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a type of common sexual dysfunction that refers to any issues that prohibit a person or couple from getting pleasure from sexual activity.
43% of women and 31% of men say they have some form of sexual dysfunction. However, men are more likely to experience this. Erectile dysfunction is a common medical problem affecting approximately 15% of men each year Over 150 million men worldwide are estimated to have been affected by erectile dysfunction, which is expected to increase by 320 million by 2025.
You tend to see a doctor in the following three conditions-
- You’re having trouble with your erections, or you’re having other sexual issues like premature or delayed ejaculation
- You have diabetes, heart disease, or another health problem that could be linked to erectile dysfunction
- Along with erectile dysfunction, you have other symptoms
Therefore, you don’t have to worry about it. Nowadays, with various contemporary technological inventions and developments, erectile dysfunction issues can be resolved. Stem cell treatment is one of these newly invented and researched therapies introduced as a minimally invasive treatment for various medical conditions.
Symptoms and Causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction could include:
- Having difficulty getting an erection
- Having trouble in maintaining an erection
- Sexual desire is reduced
Erectile dysfunction can lead to a variety of issues, including:
- A sex life that isn’t up to par
- Anxiety or stress
- Embarrassment or a low sense of self-worth
- Problems in relationships
- Inability to conceive with your partner
The brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels all play a role in male sexual desire. An issue with any of these can cause erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can also be caused or worsened by stress and mental health issues.
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a mix of physical and psychological factors. Anxiety about sustaining an erection, for example, may be caused by a minor physical problem that slows your sexual response. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Some of the Physical causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED) are-
- Metabolic syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Peyronie’s disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Low testosterone
Sometimes, Erectile Dysfunction is also caused by Psychological issues such as-
Starting with sensations of sexual excitement, the brain plays a major role in triggering the cascade of physical processes that lead to an erection. Erectile dysfunction can be caused or worsened by a variety of factors that interfere with sexual sensations. These are some of them:
- Anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues
- Relationship issues caused by stress, poor communication, or other issues
Types of Erectile Dysfunction Conditions Treated by Stem Cell Therapy
Regardless of the fact that sexual dysfunction is very widespread, many people avoid talking about it. While there are therapy options, you should talk to your spouse and a healthcare professional about your worries.
Although erectile dysfunction is itself a condition of sexual dysfunction for which stem cell therapy can be used to treat it, it has some types-
Organic Erectile Dysfunction:
The most prevalent cause of ED is abnormalities in the penile arteries, veins, or both, which often emerge as people get older. Arteriosclerosis, or the thickening and hardening of the artery walls, is the most common cause of arterial problems.
An early indication of erectile dysfunction is the inability to sustain a firm erection (ED). A person cannot maintain a strong enough erection to perform intercourse.
A venous leak is a condition in which the real issue is a smooth muscle defect rather than a problem with the veins. As a result, it becomes difficult to sustain a firm erection, which is now thought to be an early indicator of atherosclerosis and vascular disease.
Diabetes, Depression, Neurological issues, Drug-induced, and Hormone-induced are some of the reasons for Organic Erectile Dysfunction.
If ejaculation occurs within one minute of vaginal penetration on a regular basis, you have premature ejaculation sexual dysfunction.
This causes distress and frustration, and you begin to avoid physical closeness as a result.
The following are the several types of premature ejaculation:
- Premature ejaculation throughout the rest of one’s life: In this group, the person endures premature ejaculation from the first sexual encounter and is unable to break free.
- Patients with acquired premature ejaculation have had successful sexual interactions lasting more than a minute and have recently developed premature ejaculation.
- Performance anxiety is a brief kind of ED that is frequently brought on by stress and worry.
Importance of Stem Cell Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction (ED)You might be surprised to discover that 75% of people with ED neglect their condition, sometimes consciously and sometimes unknowingly, and live a life that is damaged by missing the most beautiful part of life. These are the ones who have a knack for inventing excuses to ignore. These men are always worried about giving a good performance. The problem and performance during sexual activity can be further exacerbated by this anxiousness. They are constantly concerned with pleasing their sexual partner. It’s usually just a matter of time until low self-confidence and low self-esteem expand to other areas of life, including work. Erectile dysfunction can be one of the first signs of other vascular issues or chronic conditions. You are not among those who are disregarding erectile dysfunction and will continue to do so. It is always preferable to consult a specialist and receive treatment as soon as possible. It is very important for you to realize the significance of stem cell therapy for erectile dysfunction; in order to handle the current situation and to avoid the worsening of the condition. The majority of sexual dysfunctions can be resolved by addressing underlying medical or psychological issues. One of the alternative treatment options for erectile dysfunction is stem cell therapy. Stem cells for erectile dysfunction focus on regeneration, which requires cell-to-cell communication. For any condition, stem cell therapies are considered advanced therapy options. The world is constantly researching stem cell therapies and their potential applications in various ailments.
Eligibility of Stem Cell Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Since erectile dysfunction is a gender-specific issue, therefore only men can be eligible candidate for stem cell therapy. On the basis of following conditions, they can qualify for the stem cell treatment of their erectile disorder-
- occasional difficulty having an erection
- difficulty maintaining an erection
- an inability to have an erection
All of the above are the conditions that a person goes through in an erectile dysfunction disorder and they will be assessed for eligibility on the same.
Stem Cell Treatment Protocol used by GAIA (in association with CEMAB) for Erectile Dysfunction
GAIA partners with CEMAB, the world’s largest and first biotechnology laboratory for the processing of stem cells. GAIA experts realize that the Stem cells have the unique ability to move to areas of injury and inflammation in the body. The ability of stem cells to coordinate the repair and regeneration of degraded tissues, as well as modify the immune system to promote improved health, has been demonstrated in studies. The benefits of stem cell therapy can include a reduction in undesirable symptoms, a slowdown of disease development, and an overall improvement in quality of life, depending on the sickness or the patient’s starting condition. In case of erectile dysfunction treatment with stem cell therapy, their primary goal is to increase blood flow to the penis and heightened the sensitivity and sensation.
- Their protocol consists of a two-day period, including the direct injection transplant of 50 million cord tissue-derived MSCs (Mesenchymal Stem Cells) directly into the penis.
- The procedure takes approximately 45 minutes.
- The protocol is minimally invasive to the patient and has very little downtime. Patients normally travel home two days following their scheduled appointment.
At GAIA, with the availability of state-of-the-art stem cell laboratory, the best stem cell experts, and excellent infrastructure, which is at par with international standards, you also get cost-effectiveness and trustworthiness.
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Finding the root cause of ED will help in the treatment of the disease and improve overall health.
Many scientific studies currently show that the majority of cases of erectile dysfunction (ED) are caused by a blood flow problem, with nerve difficulties, hormones, or psychology coming in second. Atherosclerosis, age, and diabetes, as well as a lack of blood flow, nerve injury, and a nitric oxide deficit, can all cause ED. Erectile dysfunction can be treated with stem cell therapy. Stem cells go through a regeneration process (self-renewal). This means they can continue to create precise duplicates of themselves indefinitely.Stem cells have the ability to regenerate tissues and structures, including penile blood vessels, damaged nerves, healthy nitric oxide receptors, and scarring of the penile tissues. Stem cell injections can treat erectile dysfunction because of these characteristics.
Stem cells for erectile dysfunction are primarily used for regeneration, which requires cell-to-cell communication. Cell to cell communication aids in the formation of new blood vessels, the decrease of scar tissue, the prevention of cell death, and other beneficial repair processes. Not only the above advantages, Stem cells also can differentiate into any cell that needs to be replaced or repaired. They structurally and functionally regenerate damaged tissues, depending on the signals or stimuli they receive. When injected into the body, stem cells can become a more specialized type of cells, such as cartilage, muscle, nerve, bone, or blood vessel.
Other benefits of stem cell therapy for ED treatment-
- Minimally invasive/ Injecting procedure
- No hospitalization required
- No side effects found
- No delayed recovery
How To Apply For Stem Cell Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction?
Applying for stem cell therapy is very convenient and hassle-free for you through MediGence-
- Step1– Send us an inquiry with relevant details of your condition
- Step2– Our team of experts will validate your case
- Step3– A dedicated patient care manager will be assigned to your case
- Step4– Once validated, you can also avail a tele consultation with our stem cell specialist
Are you struggling to find what you are looking for?
Get Expert's Callback
Frequently Asked Questions
Stem cells therapy can help repair the damage caused to the penile tissue, which results in erectile dysfunction. It has been researched that stem cell therapy can help restore normal erectile function in people, who are able to have spontaneous intercourse thereafter.
The success of sexual dysfunction treatment is determined by the underlying cause of the problem. The prognosis for dysfunction caused by a treatable or reversible illness is favorable. The benefits of the therapy should be expected one to three months following the treatment. Your stem cell specialist, however, would tell you the predicted results as well as the number of cycles that may be required based on your clinical history.
Stem cells can help cure erectile dysfunction caused due to damage to the penile tissue responsible for erection. There are different types of penile tissue where the damage can take place due to several reasons. Stem cells have the tendency to differentiate themselves to endothelial, neuronal or smooth muscle cells that form penile tissue and are somehow damaged, resulting in erectile dysfunction.
MediGence has always believed in building and maintaining trust of its patients & the providers with whom we collaborate. We have always been striving for excellence and expanding our services offerings to our patients; in order to improve the healthcare accessibility and to give them a quality of life. We have established many valuable & reputed collaborations with world-class hospitals & doctors worldwide. Just like the others, we bring GAIA from Colombia (a renowned stem cell laboratory in the world) on board with us, as we realize the worth of stem cells in the coming future. Stem cells are known to be the future of medicine.
We have numerous reasons as to why choose us for your medical accessibility partner-
- Patients’ convenience is our motto and for that, in these years of our existence, we have launched patient-centric services & products such as Telemedicine, thinkTwice, Prebundled & Prenegotiated Packages for availing treatment abroad with additional benefits, ournetwork of 4000+ doctors in 20+ countries, our exploring platform for multiple treatment overseas, our logistics arrangement, and much more.
- MediGence ensures that you receive complete attention and a stress-free medical experience in addition to delivering products and services. Keeping this in mind, we’ve assigned specialist case managers to your case, who will handle all of your coordination with the doctor, healthcare staff, and hospital, as well as any other necessary logistics arrangements.
- Not only do we have a large network of healthcare providers visiting or connecting with us from all over the world, but we also have a wide network of patients who have complete faith in us to handle their entire medical journey. We have been the most popular healthcare providers among patients from Turkey, India, Russia, Spain, Singapore, Lithuania, the United Arab Emirates, the United States, the United Kingdom, and a variety of other countries.
- We chose to work with GAIA for stem cell therapies because we wanted to broaden our service offerings and help suffering people all over the world avoid invasive surgical procedures.
- Together, we are providing stem cell treatment for successfully treating autoimmune or inflammatory diseases like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Arthritis, Lupus, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Diabetes, Psoriasis, Graves’ Disease, and many others – often with breathtaking results.
- We have a network of several doctors from Central and South America. who have helped thousands of patients restore their health with STEM CELL therapies. They have demonstrated an impeccable safety profile, and the results have often been breathtaking, utilizing these advanced treatments that are not available in the world.
- We work with pioneers of stem cell science who have bought this cutting edge technology in the world and that too at affordable rates.
- Many celebrities have benefited from stem cell therapies and they have also encouraged people in many talk shows by telling them the advantages of stem cells.
- There is no compromise on the treatment quality due to reduced prices, as we have already established beneficial mutual collaborations with the hospitals & doctors.
- Before undertaking the stem cell treatment, MediGence always prefers you to consult with the specialists via phone consultation or teleconsultation, which can help you with more clarity regarding your condition and treatment eligibility, possibilities, durability, & other factors.
Yes, stem cell therapy is a safe procedure. The doctor must use correct cell administration methods. Patients must also be assessed for treatment eligibility, as not everyone will benefit from stem cell therapy. There have been no reports of long-term harmful side effects or worsening of the patient’s condition following treatment with cord tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells at GAIA Stem cell laboratory (a stem cell clinic in Colombia). Furthermore, there are no negative side effects associated with stem cell therapy. Fatigue, headache, and nausea have been common short-term side effects following cell therapy. These adverse effects usually fade in 1-2 hours.
It is determined by the number of sessions that have been advised to you. In the case of a single session, you should plan on staying for roughly 5 days. GAIA may occasionally allow you to leave after your single session in two days. After a 15-day break from the first session, the second session is normally undertaken. As a result, depending on the diagnosis and severity of the ailment, the length of stay may vary from person to person. MediGence offers follow-up appointments as well. After receiving stem cell treatment, most patients do not require any follow-up consultations because they can pursue rehabilitation therapy in their own country. Nonetheless, 1-2 follow-up consultations after your sessions will be included in your treatment procedure, depending on your needs.
Yes, you can speak with one of our stem cell experts before making your decision to travel.
You can schedule a phone appointment with one of our highly qualified “Stem Cell Treatment” specialists, who will review your medical history and walk you through treatment options and prospects. He or she will determine your treatment eligibility based on your medical records and will respond to any questions you may have. Your call will be scheduled if you simply complete the booking instructions.
- MediGence connects you with a network of doctors and services
- MediGence is in charge of your complete stem cell treatment process, from booking to recovery.
- MediGence- Walks you through the full treatment process as well as the benefits you’ll receive.
- Transparently displays the cost of stem cell therapy for each disease/condition
- We’ll put you in touch with one of our ‘Stem cell specialists’ for a quick chat about your eligibility and treatment protocol.
- Make an appointment with your doctor for an online consultation before you travel.
- Make an appointment with GAIA for your treatment.
- When you’re ready to fly for treatment, make your plans.
- Your treatment plan includes follow-up consultations.