A gynecologist is a surgeon who specializes in the female reproductive system, which includes the cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries, uterus, vagina and vulva. Gynecologists are doctors who specialize in women's health, with a focus on the female reproductive system. Menstrual problems, contraception, sexuality, menopause and infertility issues are diagnosed and treated by a gynecologist.
When should you visit a Gynecologist Surgeon?
Your physician might recommend you to visit a Gynecologist Surgeon for the following reason:
- Issues relating to pregnancy, fertility, menstruation and menopause.
- Family planning, including contraception, sterilization, and pregnancy termination.
- Problems with tissues that support the pelvic organs (including ligaments and muscles).
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Urinary and fecal incontinence.
- Benign conditions of the reproductive tract, such as ovarian cysts, fibroids, breast disorders, Vulvar and vaginal ulcers or any other non-cancerous changes.
- Premalignant conditions, such as endometrial hyperplasia, cervical dysplasia.
- Cancers of the reproductive tract and the breasts, and pregnancy-related tumors.
- Congenital abnormalities of the female reproductive tract.
- Emergency care relating to gynecology.
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases
- Issues relating to sexuality (including health issues relating to same-sex and bisexual relationships).
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pap smear tests
- Ultrasound scanning
- Endometrial biopsy
- Colposcopy (A microscopic examination of the cervix)
- Minor surgery eg. sterilization
- Major surgery eg. removing fibroids in the uterus
- Postoperative care
Top Gynecologists in Hungary