Dr Erdal Karaoz is experienced gene therapy and stem cell doctor working at the Liv Cancer Centre Ulus, Istanbul, Turkey. He specialises in Stem Cell, Gene Therapy and Tissue Engineering at LIV Ulus Hospital. He obtained his bachelor degree from the Dicle University, Faculty of Science, Biology Depart. He then went onto get his Masters Degree from the same university. He obtained his Doctorate s degree from Gazi University, Faculty of Medicine Histology-Embryology Depart.
Dr Erdal Karaoz has been a part of many distinguished medical journals such as Journal of Cell and Molecular Biology, Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Journal of Clinical Immunology and Immunopathology Research and the Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Research. He has also previously been a professor at Süleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine Histology-Embryology Depart. He is fluent in English and Turkish.
Stem cells are the body's raw materials cells from which all other cells with specific functions are produced. Stem-cell therapy means using the stem cells to treat or stop disease or condition. The most widely used stem cell treatment is called as hematopoietic or blood stem cell transplantation, like bone marrow transplantation which is done to treat blood and immune system ailments or to restore the blood system after treatments for certain types of cancer. The two main ways by which stem cells can be used are as follows:
1) Transplant: The chosen stem cells are collected either from the patient or a donor and cultured or modified in some way prior injecting or grafting into the patient.
2) A target for a drug or other biologic: Here the drug or biologic is planned to activate a required response from the stem cells that are present in the patient’s organs or tissues.
Dr Erdal has many years of experience in his field of research.
He specialises in Stem Cell, Gene Therapy and Tissue Engineering at LIV Ulus Hospital.
Yes, Dr Erdal provides online consultation through MediGence.
It costs 160 USD for online consultation with Dr Erdal.
Dr Erdal is a part of the following associations-
• Member of Histology and Embryology Association (Since 1997)
• Member of New York Academy of Sciences (Since 1997)
• Member of Stereology Association (Since 1999)
• Member of Turkish Electron Microscopy Association (Since 2000)
• Euroscience, Active individual Member (Since 2000)
• Member of Turkish Hematology Association (Since 2009)
• Member of the European Hematology Association (Since 2009)
• Member of Molecular Cancer Research Association (Since 2009)
Dr Erdal is an expert in gene therapy, and stem cells treatments.
He can be easily consulted by registering your profile with MediGence and writing down your enquiry. A meeting with the surgeon will be scheduled. Following which the consultation can be done.
(+1) 424 283 4838