Asst. Professor of Neurosurgery, St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
Registrar in Neurosurgery, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.
Asst. Professor of Neurosurgery, A.I.I.M.S., New Delhi
Asst. Professor of Neurosurgery, NIMHANS, Bangalore
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, NIMHANS, Bangalore
Additional Professor of Neurosurgery, NIMHANS, Bangalore
MS (General Surgery)
MCh (Neuro Surgery)
Neurological Society of India
Neuro-Otological Society India
Asian Congress of Neurosurgeons
1.Praharaj S.S., Sengupta R.P., Chambers I.R., Mendelow A.D., et al. Effect of angiography, anesthesia and operation on Intracranial pressure in patients of aneurismal Subarachnoid hemorrhage. J.Neurol Neurosurg and Psychiatry 1995. 59: 211.
2.Praharaj S.S., Coulthard A., Gholkar A., Mendelow A.D.. Magnetic resonance angiographic assessment after EC IC bypasses surgery . J. Neurol Neurosurg and Psychiatr. 1996. 60(4): 439-411.
3.Praharaj, S.S. Sharma M.C., Prasad K., Misra N.K., Mahapatra A.K., Unilateral meningeal thickening: A rare presentation of tubercular meningitis . Clin. Neurol and Neurosurg, 1997, 99: 60-62.
4.Praharaj S.S., Kishore K. Role of anticonvulsants in head injury. Neurosciences Today, 1998, 2: 29-31.
5.Mohanty A., Anandh B., Sastry Kolluri V.R., Praharaj S.S. Neuroendoscopic third ventriculostomy in the management of fourth ventricular outlet obstruction. Minim Invas Neurosurg, 1999 Mar, 42(1): 18-21.
6.Praharaj S.S., Anand B., Sarath P., Kolluri V.R.S. Laminoplasty an evaluation of 24 cases. Neurology India 2000 Sept., 48(3) : 249-254.
7.Pillai S, Praharaj S.S., Mohanty A, Kolluri V.R.S, Prognostic factors in children with severe diffuse brain injuries: A study of 74 patients. Paediatr. Neurosurg 2001, 34(2) : 98-103.
8.Anandh B, Mohanty A, Sampath S, Praharaj S.S., Sastry Kolluri V.R., Endoscopic approach to intraventricular cysticercal lesions. Min. Invasive Neurosurg. 2001. Dec ; 44(4) : 194-6.
9.Jaykumar P.N, Kovoor J.M., Srikanth S.G., Praharaj S.S. 3D steady state MR
11.Suresh H.S., Praharaj S.S., B.Indira Devi, Shukla.D, Sastry Kolluri V.R. Prognosis in children with head injury an analysis of 340 patients. Neurology India, 2003, 51(1) : 16-18.
12.Pillai S.V, Kolluri Sastry V.R., S.S.Praharaj, Outcome prediction model for severe diffuse brain injuries : Development and evaluation. Neurology India Sept 2003, 51(3) : 345-349.
13.Praharaj S.S., Mohanty A, Kolluri Sastry V.R. Low Back pain management perspective of a commonly encountered problem. Annals of Indian Acad of Neurol 2004, 7 : 313-318
14.Pillai S., Praharaj S.S., GSU Rao, Kolluri Sastry V.R., Cerebral perfusion pressure management of severe diffuse head injury : Effect on brain compleance and Intracranial pressure. Neurology India 2004 (Mar), 52 (1) : 67-71.
15.Praharaj S.S., Kolluri Sastry V.R. Head injury in children. Review article Physicians Digest 2004, 13 (4) :81-87.
16.Mohanty A, Suman R, Shankar SR, Satish S, Praharaj SS. Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the management of Chiari I malformation with Syringomyelia associated with hydrocephalus. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2005, Dec 108 (1) :87-92
17.Dayalan AH, Jyothi M, Keshava R, Thomas R, Gope ML, Praharaj SS, et al. Age dependant phopsphorylation and deregulation of p53 in human vestibular schwannomas. Molecular Carcinog 2006 Jan, 45 (1) : 38-46.
Awards and Recognition
Neurosurgical Update for Young Neurosurgeons of Asia at Osaka, Japan - 1998
Best Paper Award at British Neurological Research Conference in Chollerford, UK
Dr. S K Rajan
Designation. :Associate Director & Head of Spine, Neurosurgery
MBBS, FCPS, Fellow of the European Board of Neurological Surgery (FEBNS)
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF SURGERY DUBAI MEDICAL COLLEGE (DHA)
Diploma in spine surgery (Arab spine & North American Spine Society)
European fellowship of neurosurgery (FEBNS) in January 2018.
General Secretary Emirates Neurosurgical Society (EMA)
Member of world spinal column society, North American Society of Spine surgeons
1) Furqan B. Irfan & RameezUl Hassan & Rajesh Kumar & Zain Ali Bhutta& Ehsan Bari Craniocerebral gunshot injuries in preschoolers Childs NervSyst (2010) 26:6166 DOI 10.1007/s00381-009-0971-Y.
2) M. ShahzadShamim, M. Zubair Tahir, Saniya SirajGodil, Rajesh Kumar, Arshad Ali Siddiqui - A critical analysis of the current state of neurosurgery training in Pakistan Surgical Neurology International Jul-Aug 2011 / Vol 2 / ISSUE 4.
3) Syed Johar Raza a, Muhammad ShahzadShamim b, Saniya SirajGodil b, S. RaziuddinBiyabani a, Muhammad Ehsan Bari b,*, Rajesh Kumar b, Atta ulAleem Bhatti b, Saeed Soomro.
Awards and Recognition
1) Dr. Rajesh has been actively engaged in social wellbeing and community support programs
2) He has volunteered for earth quake disaster in year 2005 (Pakistan) and has managed very complex injuries resulting from natural disaster.
3) Dr. Kumar is also involved in ECCC ELearning Spine Surgery Education Programme UK.
4) He is involved as Guest speaker with different CME activities in Rashid Hospital and Zulekha Hospital.